View Single Post
Old 03-06-03, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Very true- when I was living in Australia, the folks I was living with told me that kangaroos are somehow attracted to light, so at night when driving, if they get scared when you are driving and they get caught in the headlights, they'll tend to head towards the lights.... I didn't believe it until one night, I was driving with my friend from Perth to Albany, and all of a sudden, we saw a huge kangaroo jumping right in front of our car! I narrowly missed hitting the kangaroo, but I almost lost my mind right there- the road was completely deserted, and we were alone with no way to get in touch with anyone, so if we had hit the kangaroo, our little compact would have stalled on the road, and we would have to had waited until morning for traffic to resume before someone would have found us. I actually think I aged about 15 years in that one moment.

I guess you gotta be careful of kangaroos, alive or dead. You never know what's going to happen when you come across one, especially when they're projectile...

Koffee