thatmattbone
a shrubbery!

Bikes: Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by delay
My parents now live right next to forest park near University City. It is my impression that it would be a short ride across the park and to downtown. I have ridden in sort of the surrounding rural areas a lot with my dad. I was mostly interested in knowing what riding around the city would be like.
Hi, I'm from st. louis originally and will be back there on wed night. My ride home probably won't let me squeeze my bike in his little car for the trip back though. Anways, it'll be a short ride from U-City to the park (Forest Park) and downtown. You should ride around the park once just to see it (~6 miles I think). I would be careful about riding on Kingshighway. People drive like maniacs and lanes magically appear and disappear. Oh and if you go east on Delmar pedal really fast and don't stop at any of the 'chop suey' restaurants. I bought a car for cheap next to a blood bank on that street once. The man insisted I pay cash....hmmm....

The downtown area is usually completely empty on non-work days, but I believe there is a thanksgiving parade on market street. Look for the Continental Building just west of the downtown area. It's tall, white, and by SLU. It also has the only blimp dock in st. louis on its roof I think its the prettiest building in the city.

Also don't get between any Lexus SUV's and the Galleria on the day after thanksgiving.

On a side note, this is my first post in the forum. Hello world.