knoxg
Knox Gardner

Bikes: Rodriguez Touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikepacker67
Well I gotta be in YS by July 1st. So that's 77 days to do about 3K miles. Is that Pokey enuf for ya?
Yep, that certainly sounds pokey enough, but I am pretty sure I've got to head south to DC and Virginia becuase they must be so lovely in April and I've never been. But let's keep in touch as they days get closer and closer because of course plans change and are fluid for me depending on workload, and a ride across NY on the Erie Canal would be swell though it'll be mud season right?

I generally like riding and touring solo becuase there is little compromise or collaboration and I am a Ruthless Dictator. Last year, was the first time I'd actually toured with folks. One fellow I met on the road for a day and then rode around touring with, which was a blast...(mainly becuase we chatted and then just met back up at camp later in the day, so no road decisions, but someone interesting to drink beer with). And then cycling for three weeks with my BF, which was also nice some of the time and then quite maddening part of the time becuase he'd wait at the top of hills for me, and want me do that same...of course, if and when I'd pass him going up the hill, I'd yell, "Going for the Pink Polka Dots! Eat my Dust scum! Tour d' France Tour d' France!" which made me feel better and is quite silly when you are both struggling up some backcountry grade on loaded touring bikes. He just always liked to be in-veiw with me, and it was not something I found necessary. So it was tough. And then things like having to jointly plan meals and grocery shopping etc and he didn't know all the rules, like "I Brake for Donuts".

Knox Gardner
www.bikenerd.blogspot.com