Old 12-10-15, 12:02 PM
Hermes1

Bikes: Montague Para Trooper High line

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel
Wow! Both of you are legally dead right jerks. Why not try that in the Pacific Northwest.. ya, try to slow do a log truck that's overloaded.. see what happens.
I am not sure how you consider the OP a "dead right jerk"? He has as much right to the lane as any other vehicle, centering himself in the lane as he described is prudent riding and he seemed to indicate it was not safe to share the lane. On another note although I tend to ride right center to protect against drivers lane sharing, I am a bit conflicted here in AZ. According to the AZ bike law bicyclists are suppose to ride as far to the right as safely possible. I guess it is open to interpretation, but to me it implies riding right center violates the law and if a cyclist was struck doing so, it could be argued successfully that the cyclist was at fault for riding essentially in the middle of the lane. I am not an attorney and I have not read any case law, just speculating on my interpretation of AZ law, in any case I tend to ride right center of lane for what I deem my own safety.