View Single Post
Old 11-22-05, 03:22 PM
GrannyGear
Berry Pie..the Holy Grail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For better or worse, we should all meet at Irma's. Let's see, Dnvr would buy us all some pie; Gary would gobble his up and wonder how he was going to get a second, better piece of pie with skinny crusts; Stapfam would tell us the intricacies of making and serving the pie (preferably at night) and how we should only use the best ingredients and BTW it is spelled "pye" in Britain; FarHorizon would insist that, like using plain pedals, pie should be eaten without advance technology i.e. with fingers; we would all be staring enviously at LookinUp's slicker, fancier piece of pie; WillDehne would humbly tell us he was in training to eat 10 pieces of pie..........and so on. GrannyGear would be nose deep in Irma's beerbatter cheese curd.

And we'd all have a very good time and make plans to come back.

While I have a group of friends I ride with, I've come to regard this group here at 50+ with almost equal attachment. A nice place to share enthusiasm, information, and mutual encouragement. I'm gonna have to pony up for a red star.

Still think we should get jerseys saying "Velo 50 Plussers" or something. As in "Damn...did you see that old rider climb...what club was that?"

Last edited by GrannyGear; 11-22-05 at 04:06 PM.