Old 03-08-03, 02:30 AM
Dwagenheim
In Banff, AB

Bikes: Cannondale F400, Worksman Trike (customized for hauling)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
10.31.02 Not-so-spooky Halloween in Lakeside

After a short but good sleep, I got up and started to get my things together on my bike. I hung out with Bert for a bit before Steven and Michelle woke up. Michelle cooked a nice Mexican scramble for breakfast and I filled up on the good food before heading off. I had Bert take a couple photos of Steven, Michelle and I near the lighthouse before saying thanks and goodbye. I was pretty glad to have met these cool folks out here at such a unique place. I started south, going uphill on windy cliffs. I stopped to take a couple photos of the lighthouse before it left my sight. At one turnout, I spotted some sea lions swimming around far below in the water. I continued on and eventually approached Florence. I stopped off in a library to check my email to see if Judy in Lakeside, an ex-Servas host I’d be staying with, was expecting me. I spent about 45 minutes there before getting back on 101 which started to go inland a bit. I rode through small towns like Gardiner, Reedsport, and Winchester Bay. The weather started to get cooler as the sun set and I had some decent uphills that slowed me down. Eventually, I got into Lakeside around 6pm but it was pretty dark. As I rode through the small town, I saw some kids trick-or-treating around the neighborhood for Halloween. I rode another few miles, which included another ass-busting uphill, to Judy’s house which sat on a nice lake. I met Judy and she put me up in her guest house to settle on. She prepared me a nice meal while I cleaned up and got comfortable. After dinner, we talked for a while and then I went back to the guesthouse to prepare for bed. I noticed a good movie selection, so I popped in Pulp Fiction and watched about ¾ of it before going to bed. (51 miles)

Peace

Dave
Whirrled Peas - No War!