View Single Post
Old 03-09-03, 06:41 AM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
Thank all for your sentiments... Hidalgo is hanging in there. Breathing is difficult. Vet said problem has been caused by some kind of heart leakage.. Using Lasex to lessen fluid buildup.
His pain is not too terrible, just very lathargic and not eating much.. We give him goat milk enhanced with Pediolite.. Did eat a bit of Ice yoghurt- French Silk and some finely chopped Meatloaf in mushroom sauce. His regular cat food is down there, rabbit- but he won't eat that.
So this week, which will be tough to get through, food is whatever he will show interest in..
Normally, he would wake me up for my ride by his jumping on the bed not long after the sun comes up- wanting his goat milk. His method has been to purr in your ear..
Since Hidalgo seemed stable later in the morning I did get in my 31 mile ride. That helped me...Did talk to my co-riders much about his habits. My wife stayed home with him after earlier getting some errands done.
One pick me up for Hidalgo is to put him on a cushion in the kitchen garden window in the sun looking out at the trees. There he purred- so that gave him some inspiration. Tomorrow is to be warm enough, maybe we can take him out on the patio, on a blanket and try to feed him something..
Again. Thanks all. He is a silver tabby Persian.. Glad you understand..