Old 11-24-05, 09:35 AM
cdale56

Bikes: Lemond, Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Giant Halfway: First 500 miles

First of all this a great little bike. I bought this back in May especially for a four day trip to Washington DC when I had no other way to get a bike down there. It served that trip nicely.

I have used it sparingly otherwise, I have found the saddle and pedals unsatisfactory and have yet to replace them.

Gearing, as mentioned by others, is less than ideal. I took a short trip to the mountains of New Hampshire and found the gearing to be quite uncomfortable for climbing demands up there.

I have done 60 miles as the longest ride and did Ok with that.

Still haven't completely figured out the rear rack, except that it is a perfect resting place for my battery.

The Halfway has become a great commuter bike- I do a drive/ride every day and I just throw the halfway in the trunk and no rack needed. If I decide not to ride, it can stay in the trunk and no risk of theft from a rack.

It has become my night time riding bike and so far so good with that- the tires have a reflective surface on the sidewall that is a nice extra. And I never had a bike with fenders before.

Plus there are many other things you can with this bike-like meet others and just fold it up and out it in the trunk, I have unfoded it and taken it with me in grocery stores when I had no lock.

Then, there are the looks I get..........