View Single Post
Old 01-26-16, 09:13 AM
Artmo 

Bikes: '06 Bianchi Pista; '57 Maclean; '10 Scott CR1 Pro; 2005 Trek 2000 Tandem; '09 Comotion Macchiato Tandem; 199? Novara Road; '17 Circe Helios e-tandem:1994 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 60 Posts
We also have a 2014 T2, which I bought on impulse at a very low price for a very low mileage machine. The only mod I had to do was to convert to an extending stoker stem. It's very heavy as compared to our Macchiato and even our T2000, but it looks so good!!
I looked at fitting a caliper front brake, but Cannondale said it would invalidate the warranty and I also found that the fork holes are not aligned, so I can't fit that brake anyway. As I had a spare pair of Spinergy TX2s, I started to fit them only to find that the front one was not set up for a disc. That was soon resolved by House of Tandems who sold me a demo with disc fitting. Now we have Spinergy with 28mm Conti 4000s. It's a very comfortable, smooth ride, but not for hills at our ages, so we won't be taking it to GTR even if the routes are flatter this year. How you would get it to even near 30lb without cutting chunks from the frame and changing the massive fork, I don't know. I'm not going to try!