Old 03-10-03, 08:24 PM
HalfHearted
Wide Load

Bikes: Trek 7300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I stumbled across something riders on a budget might want to look into. SafetyLine.com now has 100% polyester long and short sleeve T-shirts in hi-visibility yellow and safety orange. I just ordered a long and a short sleeve in yellow so I'll let you know how well they work when they come in.

These should wick similarly to bike jerseys at a fraction of the price (15 bucks each for the short-sleeve, 18 bucks for the long sleeve). Of course, it won't be covered with somebody's fancy advertising

That has always kind of puzzled me, why people would pay outrageous sums of money to advertise somebody's product. If I'm going to ride around looking like somebody's danged billboard they're going to be paying me!

I remember a few years ago I was looking at a nice G&L guitar. It was a limited edition "signed by Leo." I really liked the guitar but I wasn't interested in paying the premium price for the "collector's" edition guitar. I remember the salesman gushing, "but' it's number 72 of only 1000, and it's got Leo's signature." My reply? "Wonderful, scrape Leo's signature off, drop the price $200, and I'll take it."

John