Old 02-24-16, 11:17 AM
BubbaX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
now is the only thing i need from this the battery before i click i know i could have but i want to make sure if its all i need that i could just buy now and worry later

Originally Posted by Arcanum
I'm assuming you're referring to the "Frequently bought together" bit on the Amazon page. That's not really a recommendation. It just means that a bunch of people have bought that combination of stuff at the same time. It doesn't mention that you actually need two of those battery sets to power your motor (each battery is 12V, $50 gets you two batteries and 24V if wired in series; you need 4 batteries to get 48V). It doesn't mention that they're just bare batteries with no wiring or way to attach them to your bike. It doesn't mention that you'll have to figure out a way to charge them. Also, lead-acid batteries like that are going to be really heavy. You're looking at 30+ lbs of batteries there.

It sounds like you're at a level of expertise where you need to do a lot of research on how to put this all together from scratch, or you need to buy a relatively plug and play kit and accept the extra cost that comes with doing that. Or both.

Edit: Possible kit for you. Geared hub motor Kit 1000w front/rear - Luna Cycle