View Single Post
Old 03-11-03, 10:00 AM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My camera is a Fujifilm FinePix A201, it's pretty inexpensive (around $100) and it takes about 122 pics on the smallest resolution. You can buy extra memory cards to increase that amount up to like 1,200 +/-, for about the cost of the camera!

It works o.k., and has a built in flash. The problem is there is a short delay from the time you press the button to the time the camera takes the picture. You have to anticipate this and guess when to press the button. Needless to say, you miss a lot of action shots because of this.

The only other problem is it goes through batteries like crazy. They're only 2 AA, but I'm constantly replacing them.

I throw mine in my camelback, but I'm thinking of buying a cell phone carrier that Topeak makes and it'll mount on the stem. The camera is about the size of a cell phone! That way I don't have to stop take off the camelback...etc. as mentioned above.

BTW, I did land the jump and several other attempts. Max air was only about 5'. There are hills in FL, not a lot, but some! What we lack in elevation, we make up for in technicality!

This section of trail follows a lake and the trail is about 10-12' above the waterline. The trail dips down at an access point and shoots back up. There is a nice little lip and is a good place to stop and rest and watch other riders jump!

Here's a pic of my bro-in-law at the same spot:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger