Where did whooooo go

Bikes: trek 7100, 70's schwinn free spirit.{building into the second commuter}

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by gordyt
Hi Nemo,

Yep I get the hand numbess thing. I was glad to read your previous post - I guess I had not realized that you could get bar tops the same height as on a hybrid. To clarify - I had assumed you could adjust the up-and-down height, true, but I was thinking that with the way the bars curl down it would sort-of force your upper body to be more parallel to the ground.

--g
According to my lbs with the proper stem you can put drops in any posistion desired

Hey, are you considering the purchase of a road bike or are you just going to modify your 7100 (or both)? Reason I ask is that I really do like the hybrids very comfortable setup for poking 'round town with, so I'm going to leave that alone and (when ready) get a different bike for pure roading. :-)
I am considering both actually the hybrid is decidely comfortable for short distances and is a superior commuter, but the weight is a little higher than that of road bike.
If you *are* looking into purchasing a road bike, are you looking at another Trek or something else?
I looked at trek, but all i ridden are very cramped lengthwise. some of the other brands seem to have other lengths that may work better for me. I truthfully need to get to a bigger bike shop and ride a few cannondale has caught my eye.