View Single Post
Old 03-12-03, 12:46 PM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The major differences I can deduce are the Rear Shock, X-Fusion is pretty Generic, Fox Vanilla R is only one step down from top of the line. A Fox Vanilla RC is found on many top-end bikes. Fox is well know for quality and durability!

Forks? I personally like Marzocchi forks, but the EXR is toward their low end, and only has 100 mm of travel. The Psylo is a good fork and has adjustable travel from 80-125mm, a nice feature to have!

Discs? I think I'd prefer the Avid's than the Deore Hydro's, but hydro's aren't as much maintenance as people think they are. I rarely adjust mine, and only think about them when I have to replace pads.

What else? Deore shifters and frnt derailleur on both, XT vs. LX for the rear. Almost no cost difference, only like $10 retail, so it's a toss-up.

If you can get the X-2 for under $700, I'd say go for it! It's a good deal and a nice bike. If it were me, I'd see what I could save by switching out the Deore Mech's for Avid's and see what kind of break they could do for you on the X-1. (Like I said, if it were ME!)

As far as the Escape. Those are sweet bikes. Rocket hardtails, big, burly, and built to last!

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger