View Single Post
Old 12-02-05, 04:41 AM
my58vw
Meow!

Bikes: Trek 2100 Road Bike, Full DA10, Cervelo P2K TT bike, Full DA10, Giant Boulder Steel Commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Loosing weight and loosing flab...

Hello,

I can not believe I am asking this but I need to kick off weight loss somehow!

The year prior to 3 months ago I weighted in at 210, down from 250 (Ideal is somewhere between 190 and 215). When I went off the bike for medical reasons my eating unfortunitly did not stop and I gained nearly 35 pounds (I am 245 again and very unhappy). I lost weight last time because I was riding alot and just not eating all that much (and it cost me more than once bonking).

Starting Sunday I will be fully back on the bike and I intend on very gaining the weight back again. I want to be in the 190 - 195 range, but I think 200 would be great. I have been modifying my diet since i am on graveyard and am eating more fruits and veges. I am trying to get to the gym 4 days per week for maybe an hour of walking (and eventually a bit of gogging as requested by my doctors) and some mild weight training. I am hoping to be on the bike minimum 3 days per week including a long ride on Sunday. This leaves eme with a bunch of questions.

I can no longer (ever again) gain muscle mass (I am hormonally a girl now and I could never build muscle mass before) and I do not want to. I would like to loose the flabby stuff on the back of my arms and tones (not increase bulk) on my calfs. I also want to work on core and lower/upper back areas. Effectivly I am trying to build lean smaller arms and legs while increasing strength. What is the best way to do that?

I am always on the run and will eat fast food on occasian. I want to eat stuff though that will allow me to eat something to fill me up but not contribute lots of calories. I am drinking lots of water again. Ideas?

What kind of diet things once agian should I be considering since I do work graveyard and I need a quick set of meals that will not leave my hungry but will help me be healthy? Also how bad is coffee really (minimal suger?)

Thanks as always!

Mandy