Old 05-07-16, 11:17 AM
flatlander_48
Cathedral City, CA

Bikes: 2016 RITCHEY BreakAway (full Chorus 11), 2005 Ritchey BreakAway (full Chorus 11, STOLEN), 2001 Gary Fisher Tassajara mountain bike (sold), 2004 Giant TRC 2 road bike (sold)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
Replacement cost insurance means initially theu pay you the replacement cost of the bike , -- minus age related depreciation and minus the deductible. When you actually replace the bike with an equivalent replacement, -- any depreciation with held is payable back to you

For instance

2005 Ritchey Breakaway ---- assume a replacement cost of $3500 with a nice kit ---
11 years of depreciation is deducted - basically getting it down to FMV -- so, say, --- $2000 value
Then the deductible is subtracted -- lets assume $500
Your net claim before depreciation is recovered is $1500 ---

Provided the item is replaced with an equivalent new item, -- you recover your $1500 depreciation on the tail end after providing documentation that you replaced the item

If it is an actual cash value policy for personal property and contents, -- you get paid $1500, and good luck
I actually went through the appropriate numbers in message #8 ...

Originally Posted by Wanderer
I have a cousin who is my agent, and I thought I was buying replacement coverage - but come to think of it, it was insured for a stated set dollar amount. It really didn't cost very much more to do it this way.
Wouldn't it be necessary to reconsider those values and possibly adjust each year?