Old 05-08-16, 09:25 AM
Lightchop

Bikes: Trek Domane S 5, Trek 1.1, Trek 8.2 DS

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by late
Do that once a week. Why on earth are you doing the same ride day after day? Do one long ride, usually an easy one, once a week. There are lots of books and plans and such if you want to improve your performance.

But I will leave you with the best cycling advice ever given, from Eddy Merckx.

"ride lots"
Funny, i caught myself midway through my post when I realized I had only done my "typical" run 4 times this year! I've actually done more 30 milers than my usual 15 miler this year. But your point is taken to mix it up.

Todays ride was even worse @ 57 min! But I'll chalk that up to underfueled - I did not eat anything as I am off to a big Mothers Day brunch in 30 mins

Originally Posted by baron von trail
It is not unusual to be way off your best time after a long layoff. I have close to a 1000 miles in already this season, but I am still a few minutes slower than my best time at the end of last year. give it a fw more weeks, and keep pushing it.
Thanks. That is encouraging.

Come to think of it, the only tinkering on my bike this year was that I had the seat slid back an inch. And I'm still having to sit back on my seat to be comfortable. I suspect my top tube might be too short for me, and sitting back puts my legs in an inefficient position to create power.

Part of the solution here will be to get properly sized when I get a road bike - hopefully soon!