Thread: Novara Mazama
View Single Post
Old 05-12-16, 12:56 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by eyemkeith
I'm infatuated with this bike. I went to look at one at the REI kinda sorta close to my workplace, but alas, they did not have it in the small size, only medium. As I know sometimes bikes can look radically different depending on what size you need, I'm wondering if anyone has one in a small size and could post a picture, or seven, here. All the photos I've seen are of the medium. Can anyone help out? Big thanks!
No help on a small size pic.
Just adding to the discussion that its a really cool spec'd bike. I chuckle each time I am in REI because I built a gravel bike up from an early 90s steel hybrid frame that has the identical look to a Mazama. The Mazama has disc instead of canti brakes, but effectively thats the major difference.
Geometry is mostly same, cromoly frame, same tires, splayed bars, mounting for racks and fenders, bar end shifters, and basic but solid shifting components.

I didnt realize I had effectively copied the spirit of a Mazama until after the fact.

Be sure to post some pics and review for how you use it, if you pick one up!