View Single Post
Old 05-21-16, 09:04 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6200 Post(s)
Liked 4,202 Times in 2,358 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
It's my understanding that you can cycle CO 119 despite the town's failure to take down the no cycling signs.
I think you are misunderstanding the issue. The ban was on bicycle traffic through the city streets...most particularly Gregory Steet. Although those bans have been lifted, the only information I can find on bicycling through Black Hawk still has bicycles banned on Gregory and many other streets in town. Here's the route you can use on a bicycle according to the town of Black Hawk and here's an article from 2013 on the post ban issue. I'm not sure if the route that Black Hawk stipulates is still in effect.

Frankly, I avoid Black Hawk/Central City. I haven't been anywhere close to them since gambling was authorized in 1991. I certainly wouldn't spend any money or time in Black Hawk.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!