Old 12-03-05, 07:01 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by leeinmemphis
To be honest I was on a archery hunt in Canada last month and had a bear stalk me on the way out. I really thought I was dead meat because I couldn't outrun him or make any more ground between me and him. When I got back to the guides truck I was sweating from head to toe and couldn't breath one bit. At that point I decided it was time.......plus I have had a couple occasions where I couldn't water ski or do other things that I wanted because I was so bad out of shape. Plus I use to really enjoy riding a bike alot and I want to be able to share that with my kids in a couple of years. Last year we adopted two boys from Russia ages 5 and 6 now and it takes alot of energy to keep up with those two fellas.

-lee
-
Fear is a great motivator! I had a heart attack at age 45 and I was worried I wouldn't be able to "outrun" the next one.

Why are you waiting a couple years on the biking? I bet those boys would enjoy riding right now. And so would you. Really, the progress is so rapid and complete when you first start training that you shouldn't put it off one day. You are never too out of shape to start! In fact, the worse off you are, the faster you get back in shape.

"Think Outside the Cage"