thugpipe

Bikes: 2011 Origin 8 Bully, 2010 Dahon Silvertip, 2016 Respect Mini Velo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ttakata73
Cool.
Can you compare the ride to your Silvertip or is it too different?
I assume the CRMO and carbon are much more comfortable but your alloy Silvertip feels more responsive?
I miss my Silvertip and think about getting another minivelo someday.
well I have been a little disappointed with the silvertip lately, don't get me wrong it is a very nice bike but in comparison to both this bike and my bully it feels sluggish and inefficient. This new bike is even lighter than the silvertip by about 4 pounds and feels very crisp and fast though I have not gotten to ride it too long yet and I am already planning to replace the front fork with a Java carbon fork this one bends and flexes noticeably under load and makes me nervous (it was a super cheapy like $65 shipped so Eh.) but power to the rear wheel is excellent and the drive train feels super solid between the Kink Cassette hub with its tiny 9t cog and the Shimano Zee crankset and its 36t ring I am getting about 73 gear inches which for the moment feels pretty good. I will deffinately give an update when I get the new fork in a couple of weeks.

this is the new fork I am picking up:
Java 406 20" Carbon Rigid Fork Straight Fork for Minivelo Fold Bike Disc V Brake | eBay