Old 06-19-16, 05:19 PM
mcours2006

Bikes: ...a few.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2010 Post(s)
Liked 408 Times in 234 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
Ouch. Watch for unusual headaches, changes in pupil sizes, etc. Sometimes there's a delay before complications from head knocks set in. Be sure to let your wife know to watch for this stuff as well, because complications from concussions can make it impossible for the victim to take any rational decisions.
Thanks for the advice. Other than being grumpier than usual (as we had Father's Day company for the in-laws), there hasn't been any unusual, but I understand your point: it's difficult for me to judge my own behaviour.

Originally Posted by canklecat
And every time I think about installing fenders on my bike I read about incidents like this. I don't ride in rain often enough to matter. I think I'll just keep getting wet the handful of times a year I'm riding in the rain. In fact I just finished wiping off the mud spatter from last week's rain. I might opt for a downtube mud guard instead. The rear rack already blocks most of the wet gunk anyway.
I am thinking that myself now. After all, it's just a bit of water and road guck. It can be washed off.