Old 07-01-16, 05:16 AM
BigAura

Bikes: all steel stable: surly world troller, paris sport fixed, fuji ss

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by carlosgibson
Hi everyone, Im new to this forum and just wanted to share with you all my latest purchase!! So I was walking round my local garden center with my wife and I noticed they had a 'bike corner' where a man who used to be a race mechanic sells second hand bikes that he fully strips down and rebuilds and where needed replaces cables etc.. Anyway, I noticed this 1992 part 1 Dawes Galaxy Tour in immaculate condition with Mavic A319 wheels and shimano Deore groupset. I couldn't believe he was only asking £90!!! Being from Yorkshire I had to try my hand at a bit of bargaining and I ended up giving him £85 for it!!!! I feel like this is a steal! the mudguards and pannier rack wouldn't have cost much less than that alone!!! I cant tell you all how happy I am with this purchase! Ill be cycling this steed around the Yorkshire wolds way at the end of July! I cant wait to rack up the miles on this new addition to my bike family!!! The pics don't do justice to how amazing the condition of this bike is!!
Nice! I think you got a great deal.