Old 12-08-05, 09:20 PM
tgbikes
tgbikes

Bikes: Volpe,Eros, Voyageur, LHT, Ochsner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm sorey but I have to do this. I'v riden from cost to cost and the golf to the Canadian border. Mount Sterling Ohio was the low point of it all. I had riden from Athans and been chased off the 4 lane by Logan , this was the only cross word from the law while on a bike in my life. I walked in to the police station in Mt. Sterling and asked if camping was permited in the city park, A young officer swelled up with athority and told me that it was certinly NOT permited that I should ride to Deer creek state park. In the mean time a very heavy reception lady was on the phone, She chimed in that she had called her paster and the church would have a colection for me so I could stay in the Motel. I had my limit of humiliation for the day the motel was happy to take my plastic and I hid for the night. After this Monroeville IN. in a couple days was the friendlyest. While in Columbus on business a year or so later I drove to Mt Sterling and droped some Bike touring info at the cop house but the town gave me a creapy feling even In the rented car. Actualy Misjudgment on my part and misunderstanding on anothers . you have a great state Injoy the ride