View Single Post
Old 09-08-16, 12:18 AM
CycleRyder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know this is an old thread now but I was toying with the idea of a locking mecanism that locks the clips of a clip on panner in place so some passer by won't be able to lift them off the bike without the key.

These clip on panners are WAY too much money for what they are. Sure they are innovative & handy but way too much for something thats easy to steal. You'd think at the prices of the Lbera or Axiom bags they would at least have a locking mechanism that would secure it to a bike. Right now I got two $20 Everest backpacks hooked up to both sides of my front rack & they can hold a decent amount of stuff.

Since they are zip tied on there pretty good using thick strong zip ties as well as a few hose clamps nobody has bothered to steal them off my bike when I lock up somewhere so far. I would like clip on panners someday but at those prices they seem more like a gimmic to me.

It would be nice if clip on panniers had straps that allowed them to be carried easily like a backpack or shoulder bag when removed from the bike at least. But for now I like my setup. I got two backpacks on both sides of my rack as well as my backpack I wear which when combined can carry a fair amount of cargo like groceries & stuff.

Last edited by CycleRyder; 09-08-16 at 12:34 AM.