View Single Post
Old 09-27-16, 04:29 PM   #14
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2394 Post(s)
I've learned long ago that it's important to challenge doctors. They may not like you for it, but the reality is that patients who don't challenge their doctors don't fare as well as those who force them to rethink and justify their opinions.

People get lazy and sloppy, especially when overworked and trying to do as much as possible in as short a time as possible. Doctors are no exception to this, and if pushed, will admit that they don't have the time to treat patients as well as they would otherwise.

So, in your shoes (and I have been in different context) I'd ask the doctor to explain why he wants you off the bike and exactly what harm he believes riding would cause.

Once you have the facts, you can make an INFORMED decision, about the bike, and the implications of a high PSA.

Other than suggesting you are more active about getting the best and most complete advice, I can't help you since I certainly have less information about your case that you or your doctor.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.
FBinNY is online now   Reply With Quote