Old 12-12-05, 11:51 AM
oilman_15106

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great thread.

Bikes you ride?
1984 Centurion Elite 12 rebuilt, 2002 Masi Gran Crit, 2003 Haro XCR hardtail, 2003 Jamis Eclipse

Supplements?
Will not touch them, my father in law DIED from kidney stones. He was a huge vitamin & sup fan.

Have you slowed down?
Of course, but it is only a state of mind.

How long biking?
Since a kid but with a remarkable 14 year absence until last spring. Got back into biking to contorl weight and could not enjoy it more.

Types of rides?
Any but mostly rail to trail to keep in shape. Getting more comfortable on the road again after such a long layoff.

How often?
Several times a week during the season here in W. PA. Indoor trainer at least 3 times a week during cold season.

Other activities?
Clearing the &%^&5 snow from the drive when the blower is acting up, also try to get several times a week on the Total Gym. It has really worked and is very convient vs. going to a gym.

I am 55, male, and started biking again to control my weight. I went from 174 to 144 in six months. This is alot as I am 5'6''. I have the following advice if your goal is the same. Stop drinking all booz. Burn more calories than you eat. Exercise as much as time or your aching body will allow. Don't give up, it takes more time than you think to get fit. I have a 70 year old freind who runs 10k's & he dusted my rear on a 100k bike run.