Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Fuji Jari

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tombaatar
Ty0604,

I commute 25 miles round trip. Converted my first bike to a commuter. an old steel mtb. With all my gear and no wind in my face I am moving close to 15 mph, i'm not killing myself but I am putting in effort. There are a lot of cyclists out on that trail moving at the 20 mph range so I am overtaken pretty often on the ride. I don't have a mirror on my helmet or on my bike and you can make the argument that perhaps I should but one thing I am not doing is looking over my shoulder every 3 minutes to see if someone is behind me and with the wind in my ears I usually don't hear unless I am given a warning. I can tell you that if you blow by me you will startle me. That is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of common courtesy and what is a common courtesy is not an opinion. That is a factual statement. So if you KNOW that and you still chose not to do it then you are an intentionally inconsiderate rider. Also if you go in between people so you don't have to inconvenienced I hope you are the one that ends up in the hospital.
Yeah, you should. If I startle someone like you when passing that's your fault for not being aware of your surroundings. Where I live it's illegal not to have a mirror if riding on bike paths. Those without mirrors are restricted to the sidewalks.

Common courtesy is a matter of opinion actually. Some people tip, some don't. Some people hold the door open, some don't. Couldn't careless who does what.