View Single Post
Old 03-23-03, 02:57 PM
a2psyklnut

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The biggest complaint I hear about the disk breaks is that they don't like getting wet; to the point of whining and screaming in protest if they do get wet. But I'm glad I asked, definately something to think about!
Whoever is complaining about discs in the wet is definately on crack! The wetter the muddier the better discs work! This is where discs far outshine any linear pull (Vee) brakes.

If you've got squeling brakes, you've got some contaminated pads or a dirty rotor. I heard of people baking their pads to cook out any contaminants, but have never tried it. Use Rubbing alcohol to wipe down rotors (don't do this when they're hot!).

People who complain about hydraulics didn't set them up correctly! If they did, they'd never go back to cable actuated brakes (vee or disc).

L8R
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger