View Single Post
Old 12-14-16, 06:48 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris0516
Stop at all stop lights and stop signs!!! It is the law!!! I am sick of cyclists' whining about having to stop at traffic lights' and stop signs!!! When i was 25yrs.-old, i was working full-time for the u.s. Government, and going to night school four nights a week!!! The teachers' assistant in my class was a few months younger than me!!! One weekend he was proceeding a four-way multi-lane intersection!!!!! When someone blew through the red light hitting the teachers' assistant broad side!!! Killing the teachers' assistant instantly!!!! The teachers' assistant was obeying the law!! The other driver wasn't!!!! But if you want to put a rush on getting to a funeral home in a casket!!!! Then you go right ahead and break the law!!!
Ease up. The article is about implementing the Idaho Stop, which means treating a stop sign as a yield, not blowing through intersections without regard for traffic.

From the article:

Jim Merrell, of the Active Transportation Alliance, said the advocacy group favors updating policies to keep people safe and to "reflect the way people are actually moving around the city, and that includes the Idaho stop." He noted that the Idaho stop is about yielding and slowing down, not about blowing through a stop sign without paying attention.