Old 01-01-17, 02:30 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5786 Post(s)
Liked 2,579 Times in 1,430 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_bill
The person on the bike was in fact doing a trackstand and backed into the car. Sorry to let facts get in the way.

-mr. bill
Doing a track stand on a freewheel bike is no mean feat. Riding backward while doing so requires special skills few if any riders possess. (note the rider coasting earlier in the video).

OTOH - if you feel the need to blame the rider here, I'll let you do so, because it's not an issue either way.

We needn't debate fault for the bump, since the driver himself admitted fault and apologized. He didn't even claim the light was the cause. he was just making a general complaint about it after following the rider for a while.

In any case, this was a no harm, no foul event for which the driver apologized and he and the cyclist parted company with no consequences.

As to whether the light was in fact bright enough to be an issue, I'll wait for the driver's dash cam video to be posted before commenting.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.