View Single Post
Old 01-06-17, 10:48 PM
drlogik 

Bikes: '87-ish Pinarello Montello; '89 Nishiki Ariel; '85 Raleigh Wyoming, '16 Wabi Special, '16 Wabi Classic, '14 Kona Cinder Cone

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 255 Posts
In December 2015 I swore off all alcohol. I already ate a well balanced diet and had already cut back on red meat. On January 1, 2016 I made a New Year resolution to get back on my bike and ride at least 75 miles a week, which I mostly was able to do given my work schedule.

It's just a tad over one year later. I haven't had a drop of alcohol since December 2015. I dropped 50 lbs in 2016. I dropped 30 of those lbs in the first 60 days of no alcohol and no change in my diet. Alcohol for us over 50 crowd is a weight gainer. And, I now feel 20 years younger in 2017!

My 2017 New Year resolution is to hit the weight gym and start working the muscle groups, ride at least 90 miles each week and get back down to the weight I carried in my late 20's.

If I can hit 195 lbs by July (15 lbs to go) I'll be quite happy and probably drop another 10 years off my age and an inch or two off my waistline as well! At which point I'll be the same size as my 20 year old son. Heh heh heh....... It's do-able.

A previous post is correct, losing weight gradually is the way to go as it doesn't shock the body and the life change isn't so dramatic either. For me I really don't miss or miss out on anything. I don't even miss the beer. Wait!! What am I SAYING!!!