View Single Post
Old 01-09-17, 09:41 PM
2 Piece

Bikes: Motobecane Century Pro Ti Disc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not sure about the Volt heated gloves, but I absolutely love my 12 volt Motion Heat glove liners.
I'm a bicycle commuter/ utility cyclist, ride year round which will usually include about 25 miles of cycling in the teens degrees Fahrenheit. The Motion Heat are designed to keep the tops of your hands and your fingers warm, not the palms of your hands. I also ride a motorcycle and the 12 volt Motion heat will plug right into the 12 volt electrical system of the motorcycle and I can leave the battery packs at home.
The Motion Heat are glove liners and they will require a decent water/ wind resistant outer glove. I have a medium weight pair of Pearl Isumi gloves that work really well with the Motion Heat.
I have had them 3 years now and have had no issues with them. One must remember that the Motion Heat liners does not get or make your hands hot, warm at best. At the end of the ride my hands are neither cold or hot, they are just right. They keep my fingers warm and I do not notice the cold temps like I normally would with gloves. A charge of the batteries last several hours.
I have tried wool, Goretex, ski and snowboard gloves but none have kept fingers nice and toasty like the Motion Heat. They work well and the retailer often sells out. My wife uses some electric Outdoor Research gloves that works pretty well for her.
http://powerinmotion.ca/Products/Hea...ncouver_Canada

Last edited by 2 Piece; 01-10-17 at 04:32 AM. Reason: web address