Old 01-11-17, 10:41 AM   #21
2 Piece

Bikes:
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
Exactly right. The OP's request was to keep hands warm on the bike. For that, pogies are hands down (no pun) the best solution. They work and they work very well.

Every activity in the winter is going to require some tweak to optimize keeping appendages warm. I spend a lot of time outdoors skiing in the winter in both a winter professional role (any weather down to deep subzero) and in support of alpine racing programs. I can tell you that what I do for that role is very different from what I use for cycling. Those gloves while working outdoors skiing would not work cycling (they would be too warm) and, obviously, using pogies skiing is impractical. So there is not going to be one solution that fits all applications, it's just not going to happen.

J.

No.. The OP original request was for Volt heated gloves- $150.00 opinions?
Pogies may be great, and that is OK. They cost half the price of a decent set of electric liners, but they also greatly limited as to how and when they can keep your hands warm. I personally like all the additional outside benefits I can get from electric liners and not limited to just bicycling.
2 Piece is offline   Reply With Quote