Old 01-11-17, 11:49 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3459 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Originally Posted by jefnvk
Everyone's ideals are different. I've been to on the order of two dozen different countries, while I have no problem eating the local cuisine, it generally brings me no particular joy. I'm not a foodie, food is something I must to do live. Sure, I'll make way to hit a place or two while I'm there, and if there is a street food I particularly like I'll have no problem subsisting on it, but I've also got no shame eating at McDonalds or making pasta in the hostel kitchen.
McDonalds was the only place I could find free wifi in Lisbon Portugal when I was there. That pushed it higher on my list of go-to restaurants.

When I am solo, I have less pleasure when eating in restaurants than I do when I am with someone. Thus, when solo I am very content to buy some lunch meat and cheese and some fresh baked rolls to eat in a park somewhere.

My trip to Iceland this past summer, I think about half of my purchased meals were fish and chips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20IMGP3101.jpg (93.6 KB, 120 views)