Mark Stone
Tractorlegs

Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Most definitely. A few years ago in the Philly 'burbs an MUP was built along a busy stretch of highway. I have heard numerous stories of accidents and very close calls on certain parts resulting from numerous business driveway crossings and intersections.

In Hamilton, MT, along U.S. 93, the is a "bike trail" that is really just a glorified sidewalk. For a stretch there are countless business parking lot driveways that cross the "trail" along with some streets. Closer the center of town, the road shoulder disappears, but having ridden through there 3 times in the last 5 years, I still haven't decided whether if the path is safer than the road due to all the cars turning into parking lots.
That's what I don't like about cities that think bike paths are just sidewalks with signs. Like Denver - some good stuff going on there, but a lot of times they just put up a sign and call a generic sidewalk a "bike route". One of these paths (in Lakewood) was responsible for a couple of broken ribs, a broken wrist, a concussion, and an AC separation when silly me thought a "bike path" meant it was a "bike path"