Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
First, CliffordK said:
You didn't post any street crossings.
Then genec followed up with:
Yup, it is the intersections that are the issues... let's see how they handle those . . . . I suspect that ELP will use crosswalks and signal lights. But I'll have to wait and see.
Yes, street crossings on this path are indeed crosswalks/signal lights. This can be an issue, however in this context it may not. For roadies and fitness riders, the street crossings may be a PITA because - hey - who wants to stop and wait for a Walk signal? But I'm thinking that paths like this can be lifesavers to sedentary people that need to get out and get their bodies moving and exercising. I think that's what thrills me more than anything else about these paths. This gives them a super-safe place where they can discover what an aerobic HR feels like, and also can possibly introduce them to what a utilitarian cycling lifestyle can offer. This path runs along a long series of businesses - imagine me and the wifey deciding to go out to eat on this street, and we have the safe option of using our bikes to get there instead of the car? Wowsers.