Old 12-16-05, 08:47 AM
kwarterlb
Foobie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by james_swift
Anyway, just some advice for any Swift owners out there contemplating a fender purchase.
Speaking of add-ons in general, what are people doing for water bottle cages on their Swifts? I vaguely recall seeing one post in this thread where someone had attached to the steering tube, but I'm hesitant to go that route since it seems like it would affect steering (though maybe the mass being so close to the center axis of rotation, it wouldn't be so bad?).

Yesterday I had a free moment on my lunch hour, so stopped by the nearby bikeshop and found the Minoura pieces I'd been considering on the internet: SBH-80 and SBH-300. Both mount on the rails under the saddle (most under-saddle mounts use the seat post, which gets in the way of folding, I'm thinking). I decided on the SBH-80 for now; I don't tend to do any *really* long rides without a backpack for spare water, and the SBH-300 looks like only shorter water bottles would fit without jabbing me in the rear. Since the SBH-80 seems to mount parallel to the seat post, I think it'll work nicely, though I'm a *little* concerned it'll prevent me from pushing the seatpost all the way in. The SBH-300 doesn't appear to have that problem at all.

Minoura has a good selection of fascinating accessories for mounting hardware onto bikes with limited mounting space, or lacking braze-ons. I haven't yet figured out how to turn on English text for the site, unfortunately, but I think the images tell the story well enough.