Old 01-23-17, 01:26 PM
prathmann

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel
I don't know about how you ride, but when I go past a car at intersection, I don't keep looking back at it.
Plus... rider not yielding to car.....riding right in the middle of the road.....and I don't car if there on Sharrows painted in the street.
Sure - if the driver of the car at the intersection appears to be following the vehicle code and is therefore not a threat. In this case the driver went well past the Stop sign and into the intersection before deciding that he couldn't zip into the street ahead of the cyclist. Given that behavior by the motorist I'd be keeping a close eye on him as well. Note that the GoPro and similar cameras give an extreme wide-angle view. As the warnings on convex mirrors say "objects are much closer than they appear." And the cyclist is not riding anywhere near the middle of the road but rather in the position recommended by the Sharrow placement. Any farther to the right would put him dangerously close to the door zone where an unexpected opening could throw the cyclist right into the path of a car that happens to pass at that moment.