Old 12-17-05, 02:39 PM
Poppaspoke

Bikes: LeMond Zurich

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CommuterRun
Unions are pricing themselves right out of most markets. Have been for years, now. That's why so many jobs are, and have been, moving overseas and why there's so much whining and crying about NAFTA, et.al.

How much do workers get paid when the job is gone?
Who will be buying your goods when the shrinking middle class can no longer afford more than a subsistence living? Even with a two-income family (often with one parent holding down two jobs) people are barely keeping up. Just as the communist system collapsed of its own inefficiencies, the current iteration of the capitalist system is going down fast. At some point, and that time is closer than you think), the majority of the people in this country are going to realize that they have been believing lies. The corrupted versions of Adam Smith that are being hawked by the neocons are not going to cut it, period. What will replace it is hard to predict, but we are in for a long, hard period of readjustment, a la East Germany.