Old 02-13-17, 01:53 PM
Alcanbrad

Bikes: '14 CoMo Carrera, '11 CoMo Primera co-pilot, '98 Santana Visa, a Plethora of road bikes, A commuter/Gravel beast (and 1 MTB)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_reality
So i needed to replace the tires on our KHS Tandemania Roma and I thought going up to a 700x32 tire would be a good option since I have enjoyed this size on my touring/adventure bike. The only option I could find at the LBS was a bontrager AW3 Hard Case Lite in 700x32. I didn't realize until I got home and installed that the max pressure on these is 100psi. We took a spin on them this weekend at 100psi front and rear. The ride was excellent but felt a little sluggish. I could see some deflection in the tire and it just felt like it needed another 10 or 20 psi. Do you think I should go over the max pressure or did I just buy the wrong tire. Our combined weight with bike is 340 pounds. Thanks for your help.
Tire manufacturers rate the max pressure at 1/2 the tested pressure at which the tire blows off the rim. 100 lbs max pressure suggests that the tire test showed it can blow off the rim at 200 lbs.

You should be able to run 110 to 120 without issue.
(Just don't hit any pot holes at 60 mph :-)