View Single Post
Old 02-14-17, 02:37 PM
kickstart

Bikes: 2005 Gazelle Golfo, 1935 Raleigh Sport, 1970 Robin Hood sport, 1974 Schwinn Continental, 1984 Ross MTB/porteur, 2013 Flying Piegon path racer, 2014 Gazelle Toer Populair T8

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Underbridge
I have to disagree there. Snarling traffic just because it's your right, when you have a safe method of moving aside, doesn't prove any point. There's a big difference between having a right and exercising it indiscriminantly.

Incidentally, in rural areas with farm equipment it's road etiquette that the slow moving vehicle move over every so often to let a column of stopped traffic pass. It's not just a bike thing - it's how slow and fast traffic can accomodate each other.

That said, I'd never ride in glass or door zones, or otherwise reduce my safety to accomodate anyone. But as a general rule, if I can help someone else out with minimal inconvenience to myself, I'll do it. That applies to all aspects of life.
Well said, IMO those who steadfastly "take the lane", "control", ect at all times are cycling's equivalent of the honker.