View Single Post
Old 02-24-17, 10:14 PM
Gresp15C

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked 665 Times in 421 Posts
Originally Posted by missmixte
nd they are much faster than me, naturally, because they're in better shape, they know what they're doing, and their bikes are probably faster/lighter. But the Linus bike itself is fun to ride, feels smooth and fast when I try to make it go fast (which isn't that often).
On the way home today, in the rain, I got passed by a young lady riding a mountain bike with 24" wheels and knobby tires. The motor is more important than the bike.
The bike shop guy told me he wasn't really a fan of Linus bikes bc they are more for just around town riding, not really for commuting.
A rule of sales is: "Sell what you've got, disparage the rest."
This seems to be a common mindset from what I've read about Linus. Maybe part of it is that the marketing is geared more toward relaxed short trips. But am I really missing out on something by commuting on it and not on a different bike? I don't see why it wouldn't be able to handle commutes and longer rides. It weighs about 33 pounds. Is that freakishly heavy? What am I missing.
Sounds like it's a fine bike. One of my own rules: By ignoring Marketing when considering the "purpose" of a bike, I gain access to a much wider variety of options for finding a bike that fits my body, budget, terrain, and aesthetic preferences. I'm confident that I understand the technology and can make my own choices.