Thread: B&W or Colour
View Single Post
Old 12-19-05, 03:12 PM
nightfly

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Sera sculptures at the Beacon is correct. I love that room.

Getting good results printing scanned medium format negs on an Epson printer using black only ink. It's not a selenium toned fiber print, but it has nice look all it's own with good tonality and no color shifting. It seems to compliment coarser films pretty well, which works for me.

I like the look of the older style B&W films (Tri-X, FP4+ etc) although for some reason HP5 doesn't work for me, makes everything look grey but I probably never hit on the right way to develop it and I never liked T-Max or Delta either. Again I just never hit on the right combo.

A lot of the color stuff I used to like seems to be disappearing. I was looking for some Agfa RSX slidefilm and I can't find it anywhere. No one will process Kodachrome anymore. Not a huge loss for me because I like B&W but it's always a bummer when you find a film that works for you and then you can't find it anymore. Picked up some Kodak Elitechrome for a trip as it's cheap and is supposed to do nice skys. Also heard it cross processes without the yucky green that Fuji often give you.