View Single Post
Old 03-11-17, 05:52 PM
B. Carfree

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY

Elsewhere on the forum, someone described how he does day rides to a nice destination and has his wife drive out so they together, then he rides home the next day. This is the kind of plan that the OP here can use to have the bike ride and gf too. He can even do an extended multi day tour with his wife driving each leg, so they both enjoy a vacation (sort of) together.
A few years ago I encountered a rider between Eugene and the coast on a road that is sparsely used. We rode together for a dozen miles or so and chatted. He was in his early sixties and had recently gotten the bike bug. His wife has a disability that precludes riding. He had quit his job and was riding across the country. Initially, he was going to do this on his own and leave his wife home, however, they decided to purchase an RV and have her "SAG" his grand tour. I don't know how it worked out since I only saw him on day one, but it seemed like an excellent plan to me. Every so often I wonder what ever happened to Dave, the self-described former fat guy.