Old 03-20-17, 06:34 AM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
I left the states in 2006 and returned in 2014. When I left I left my car, a Suzuki Samurai, with my father. He has been using it, exclusively, as an off road vehicle on his property, checking the well, fences, stuff like that.

When I returned I returned to Salt Lake instead of Northern California, where he is. As such, I never put much effort into bring it back, when I have gone to visit in No. Cal. I have either flown or taken the train.

As for transportation, when I got this job in Kansas I used ship bikes to fed-ex my bike and stuff to my new office. When I flew in to the town I work in my new boss came and picked me up at the airport. I have used air travel to come in and out of this town other than two occasions in three years, on those days I rented a car.

I keep thinking of getting a car, it would make a few things easier. However, I have lived without a car for so long that it is just how I live.