skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked 205 Times in 130 Posts
From

Big Sur California Blog

To all our Big Sur visitors, particularly bicyclists …

I have been getting a lot of requests lately from bicyclists and others about the use of the trail that is being constructed partially by locals for locals through a closed area, and I would offer this observation: the community does not think this (the use of the trail by bicyclists or others) is a good idea. It is narrow and steep, and full of steps. We are trying to heal. The path is an emergency measure for those who live here who are trying to survive – separation from loves ones; separation from work and home; and separation from children and their schools. It is our way of surviving, not a way to welcome guests. We would ask the bicycling community and others to honor and respect the healing we are trying to obtain in a difficult situation and time. I know you would love to experience the coast without all the cars, so would we. However, it is not just the bridge, it is the other two problems – Paul’s Slide and Mud Creek, one of which will be closed to visitors all of April and probably May as well. So the trail will not get you down the coast. There are other closures preventing a through passageway.