View Single Post
Old 12-20-05, 12:41 AM
Serendipper 
(((Fully Awake)))

Location: ~Serenading with sensous soliloquies whilst singing supple sentences that are simultaneously suppling my sonnets with serenity serendipitously.~ -Serendipper

Bikes: Guerciotti Pista-Giant Carbon-Bridgestone300- Batavus Type Champion Road Bike, Specialized Hardrock Commuter, On-One The Gimp (SS Rigid MTB/hit by a truck)- Raleigh Sports 3-speed,Gatsby Scorcher, comming soon...The Penny Farthing Highwheel!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 46x17
My advice is to get some decent straps the rest can be used if you want (silvans are a fine pedal for the money), but decent straps for sure. Cheap straps snap and then you are really hosed. Clipless is not ideal (dangerous) if you ride on the street. Search my previous posts on the topic for more opinionated comments regarding clipless.
I agree, however, if you want the versatility and qualities of clipless, then buy a set of Look pedals from E-bay (I copped a pair for $5.00!), and pony up an extra $10.00 bucks for a pair of Winwood Insteps - toeclip and strap adapter cleats, for real world applications.

無上甚深微妙法 .... 百千萬劫難遭遇..... 我今見聞得受持