Old 03-29-17, 03:08 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by boshk
yea, just figured that out, I watched a few video and most seatpost (I'm guessing aftermarket ones) have dimensions/indicators on them.
I'm still using the stock seatpost and saddle, the saddle bars have indicators on....so I moved it 4mm back.
The seatpost itself only has forward and aft screw which I assume is the tilter....but no indicators so I left it as neutral/level as I could get it for now. I wouldnt know how many degrees I'm tilting if I tried.

So far after today's 80mins ride, it feels way better, less sliding forward but I did a few times which I think its me pulling on the bars.
Use a carpenter's level. If you don't have one you can buy a small ~8" long one at most hardware or home stores, for cheap.

Better yet, like suggested, get a bubble level app for your phone. I got one and it's actually very handy for checking and adjusting a saddle. I use it all the time, especially when I'm traveling and renting a bike. The actual "degrees" tilted don't matter as long as you are able to see what it is now, then use the level to adjust it a little. My saddle is about "1/2 bubble" tilted up from level. Then, just experiment until it feels right.