Old 12-20-05, 09:37 PM
onetwentyeight 
blah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Okay.

Right now im running 52x19 which is just on the safe side of madness in San Francisco. It's nice for the flat part of my commute, but its sort of rough on hills, and skidding can be a little rough in emergencies. I tend not to use my brake if I can help it due to it once causing my back wheel lifting up and me pulling a superman and snapping my arm in half.

Im building a new bike right now (my first with a proper track frame!), and I'm not going to be rocking brakes (I couldn't if I wanted to, neither the frame nor the fork are drilled.) Most my friends ride 48x18 but I have a 47 tooth chainring, and I was just wondering about what people thought I should pair with it to a) not die and b) have a nice easy ride. I use my bike for commuting to work mostly, I'm not a racer, nor have any intentions of being so. I know about the 17 gets me more skids spots so I've been thinking about that, but I'm open for suggestions.

Thanks!

ps. if anyone in sf is looking for a decent road conversion, i'll be selling my current one soon. pm me. its nothing special but it gets the job done.